Goal: To increase the networking opportunities for parents throughout Illinois.
If the leadership of your group has changed, please send that information to email@example.com
- All current Parent Affiliates will be retained.
- All lapsed groups will rejoin.
- All potential parent groups will join.
- All Parent Affiliates will communicate with the chair and with each other.
Future Meeting Schedule
The Parent Affiliates Committee will meet from 10:00 a.m. - 12 noon on Saturday mornings, usually at IMSA. See dates on the homepage.
Visit our website's front page Calendar of Upcoming Events and Latest News for activities and events for parents.
Parent Affiliates and Groups
If you have updated information about any of the parent groups listed below, or you know of a gifted parent support group that is NOT listed here, please send details in the BODY of an e-mail message—NOT as an attachment—to firstname.lastname@example.org
* = Current IAGC Parent Affiliates
Not a member?
* Aurora, Oswego - Parents and Community for Excellence,Radha Balwani, President
* Aurora, Naperville, Bolingbrook Indian Prairie Dist. 204 - Indian Prairie Project Arrow PTA (IPPA PTA) for Gifted & Talented Children Indian Prairie Project Arrow PTA Contact: email@example.com Laura Swanson
Des Plaines, Mt. Prospect Family & School Association (FSA) of Science and Arts Academy Mary Helene Arthur, President; school phone 847-827-7880
Downers Grove FRoG: Friends of the Gifted and Talented Dharmesh Mistry, President See resources at Right Side of the Curve
Elgin BPAC-U-46 Bilingual Parents Advisory Committee Maria Adriana Carpio, President; Contact Martin Palma Salcedo
Gurnee, Wadsworth, Waukegan, Park City Gifted Parent Association (GPA) Becky Kotsinis, President
Orland Park Excel 135 Nike Fasanya, Coordinator
- Starting a Parent Group E-Guide Download NAGC's publication, Starting and Sustaining a Parent Group to Support Gifted Children.
- Gifted & Talented Networking and Resource Guide of Illinois See where gifted programming is in Illinois. [N.B.: Unfortunately, much of the info is out of date; however, no other list exists, so it's the best available for now.]
- SENG online parent support groups
- Starting a Gifted Parent Group - Global #gtchat
The contents of this document are copyright ©2016 by Illinois Association for Gifted Children (IAGC) and are intended only for use for the purposes of organizational and personal correspondence. Reproduction and use for commercial purposes are expressly forbidden.