FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) from NAGC.
See other gifted information at the following websites:
- Acceleration/advocacy issues - http://nationdeceived.org/
- Chicago Area Mensa - http://www.chicago.us.mensa.org/
- Davidson Institute for Talent Development - http://www.ditd.org/
- FAQs - http://www.ericec.org/gifted/gt-faqs.html
- Federal Javits Program - http://www.ed.gov/programs/javits/index.html
- Genius Denied - http://www.geniusdenied.com
- Gifted Children - http://gifted-children.com/
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page - http://www.hoagiesgifted.org
- Hoagies' Kids and Teens Page - http://www.hoagieskids.org
- Legal rights - http://www.kidsource.com/kidsource/content4/legal.rights.gifted.ed.html
- Links to other gifted sites - http://students.ed.uiuc.edu/ljgriffi/project/giftedinfo.htm
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) - http://www.nagc.org
- National Research Center - http://gifted.uconn.edu/
- Parent references http://dmoz.org/Reference/Education/K_through_12/Gifted_Education/Parents/
- World - http://www.worldgifted.org/
Illinois State Board of Education
Advisory Council on the Education of Gifted and Talented Children (Gifted Advisory Council-GAC) - http://www.isbe.net/GAC/
Statewide Gifted Resources - http://www.isbe.net/grants/html/gifted_resources.htm
Order the IAGC publication, A Guide for Parents: Overseeing Your Gifted Child's Education, by Sally Walker (IAGC Executive Director) and Sandra Schmulbach.
Find answers to these questions:
- How do I know if my child is gifted?
- What kind of education does my child need?
- What is a quality gifted program?
- Does my child's school have to have a gifted program?
- How can I guide my child at home?
- How can I speak up for my child?
- How can I effectively advocate for my child in school?
- What is the legislative process in Illinois?
- Are there other ways or places where I can get support?
Also included are:
- Text of a Suggested Legislative Letter
- Web sites for Parents and Educators
- Periodicals that are parent friendly
Volume discounts are available. Click here for the IAGC Publication Order Form.